1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person has to share 10 facts about themselves.
3. Answer the 10 questions asked by the person who tagged you and make up 10 questions for the 10 you tag.
4. Choose 10 people and put their icons in your journal.
5. Not something like "You are tagged if you read that".
6. You have to legitimately tag 10 people.
7. No tag-backs.
8. You can't say that you don't do tags.
9. You MUST make a journal entry!
Ten Facts about me
1. Born on the Fourth of July, same as my next door neighbor.
2. I am a huge cinephile. Works by Steven Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino, Tim Burton, James Cameron, George Lucas, even Mel Brooks they give a certain door of imagination and let all that reality loose. Of course I draw the line to films whether their focus is just too realistic or just plain silly.
3. My first kiss was in preschool by a girl named Lucy. She and I played "House" and I called out "Lucy, I'm hooooome!!!" and she laid a wet one on me.
4. Been doing karate for 13 years. The only physical injury I ever got was my broken big toe and that was from landing dead on to the floor where the toe went right of my foot. Ouch!
5. I've met Jim Davis at PAWS Studio where we had ourselves a 30 minute conversation (that's rare in a fan's case!). I love Garfield, he was my first cartoon I read as a kid and he always gave some sort of escapism seeking the best ways to overcome the mundane aspects of our everyday life and I find that important when creating art.
6. I actually can play golf, usually with my pops whenever we go to 9 holes or the driving range. He'll always give me a mulligan every time ( hardy har har dad 9_9 ).
7. Big Whose Line fan. Drew, Ryan, Colin, Wayne, they're just too great. The show provides comical in-the-moment gags and such comedy that gets you off guard. Every time Colin gets a bald joke, I can't stop laughing.
8. Pirates have been a huge part of my world ever since I read Peter Pan, Treasure Island, and watched Curse of the Black Pearl. Whether it's the lore, the mythos, one can create something from the world the pirates lived in. I've been studying the art and customs of pirates (being fiction or real history) and its given me Red Roger, my current project I've been working on these past 5 years.
9. I can be a little shallow whenever it comes to talking about myself. Mainly it's because I simply enjoy the little things in life. I don't get into Tumblr, MLP, Adventure Time, Game of Thrones, or Instagram. All those can distract me from my main focus. I still try to be introverted whenever I have to be.
10. I love the color red. It's a passion and action feeling that helps me to keep myself motivated.
1. What music inspires you the most in your art?
Like I said, I'm a movie freak so I love all kind of various soundtrack pieces. Those compositions hold either huge or little emotion I can take to a drawing.
2. What brought you to DA and why are you still here?
I credit that to bleedman, creator of GRIM TALES and Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi. The only reason I'm still here is that there is so much creativity to shared and we all can make a impact with our work, if it's a webcomic, a meme, or a certain story.
3. What's your FAVORITE thing to draw or write about or craft?
This may be a little selfish to say, but I keep drawing my own original characters like Red Roger. It's not just because I love pirates but there's always something I improve on every year.
4. What are your goals for your craft? Where do you want your talents to be and take you in 10 years?
My goal is to independently publish The Adventures of Red Roger. I want to be like Jeff Smith who was able to share a special characters with his stories. Maybe in a few years if The Adventure of Red Roger does well, I'll continue to share my artwork, illustrate some children's books, write another more genre epic (a western could be coming soon) and maybe work at a certain company.
5. You can only choose one: Popularity for mediocre art, or obscurity for beautiful art. Which do you choose?
Very tricky one here. Sometimes even the best things in art are the most obscure ideas however, art that's very ordinary can be simplistic and enjoyable also. In that case, obscurity. Hey, without it, we wouldn't have a talking sponge now would we?
6. Do you believe in anything supernatural (ghosts, aliens, fairies etc.)?
As a person; no. As an artist; perhaps! Some of our best art comes from legends of Bigfoot, Area 51, apparitions, etc. We can enhance these unbelievable images in order to make the believing possible.
7. Where would you say your "happy place" is? (i.e.: your bed, a beautiful garden, the beach..?)
My bedroom is definitely a place I can work diligently but it's certainly not my happy place. My happy place exits in any are where it's just me, my laptop, my sketchbook and my art tools and work behind me.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I've always had an itch to go to Scotland. I've wanted to see the highlands and the Scottish ruins/castles and positively the Caribbean. My family and I love the tropics.
9. Do you know how wonderful and awesome you are ?
10. This is a little selfish, but whose your favorite character of my project The Taffetas so far? :>
I gotta love both Veil and Gemini! They just seem to complete each other and look like they're having the time of their life.
QUESTIONS FROM BILLYBONES0704
1. Do you have a favorite kid's novel or series? Think like Magic Treehouse, Junie B. Jones, Captain Underpants, etc.
2. What would be your theme song and why?
3. Where do you want to be in the next 20 years?
4. What's your own definition of art?
5. I like pirates. What genre are you into and how did it start?
6. What gets your mojo going to draw or create something?
7. Which network made (and still makes) better cartoon programs? Disney, Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon?
8. Where will you be when the ape-pocalypse happens?
9. What's your own little slice of heaven?
10. What do you think is important to show in art? (Quantity, style, quality, characters etc.)
you, you, you, you, you, you you, you, you annnnnnnd..... You!
, , , , , , , , , and